Mother’s Day….Personally, I feel like Mother’s day is a contrived Holiday created by Hallmark, causing guilt for children and families everywhere if they don’t celebrate this day on the appointed Sunday in May. Because of this, my philosophy has always been….Why not celebrate Mother’s Day all month! Here are some ideas that revolve around this concept.
- Leave mom a love note every day up to Mother’s Day. Or present mom with jar full of words of affirmation. Mom can draw out of it any time she needs some love!
- Make an effort to make coffee for mom in the mornings and serve it with a flower.
- If going out to brunch or dinner is something your mom loves to do, go on another day besides Sunday. It will be less crowded and the service will be much better!
- Surprise mom with a movie. Wow! Uninterrupted time in a theater. What a concept.
- My favorite is the Mother’s Day breakfast my kids cook for me! This isn’t that original, but it sure does make me feel loved.
What are some creative ways your family celebrates mom? Please share them with us!
– Jennifer King